Host a Screening
Host a screening in your community, your school or local cinema.
Host a screening of Forged from Fire
Forged from Fire is a unique and important film documenting the transformation that took place among a small team of artisans in the wake of the Black Saturday fires.
Our Screening Kit is a licence that allows individuals, community groups, institutions, businesses, health practitioners and not-for-profits to host your own screenings in any venue of your choice. When you purchase a Forged from Fire screening licence you receive (download or via post):
- A screening copy of Forged from Fire
- A Forged from Fire screening licence (charged according to number of anticipated attendees)
- A trauma informed Screening Guide
- Posters and other artwork to promote your screening event
- A video of crowdsourced photographs of The Tree Project that may be used to open your screening event
- Links to additional resources to suit your screening
Local screenings – what you might need
If you’re not a cinema and you’re wanting to host a screening here’s what you’ll need:
- A suitable venue with seating and amenities
- A screen
- A relatively decent video projector
- A decent sound system or PA
- A copy of our film (delivered on USB stick or downloaded)
- A laptop or other means to play our film on
- A comments book… we love feedback!
We also recommend providing a community health worker who can support anyone wishing to share their own response to trauma. Consider hosting a facilitated Q&A or audience feedback session afterwards.
We will provide a package of resources to support communities to host screenings that are trauma-informed and sensitive to the possible exposure of audience members to the Black Saturday fires. This package will have been developed by the Swinburne University of Technology.
- Single screening licence fee (per venue) $250 AUD (+GST).
- Additional screenings (at the same venue) are available at $150 (+GST).
A Forged from Fire screening licence includes a trauma-informed screening guide to support communities to host screenings that are sensitive to the possible exposure of bush fires.
Every Forged from Fire screening licence is a contribution made directly to the filmmakers to cover deferred production costs, community outreach and distribution of this film.
10% of all proceeds from screening licences is donated to the Australian Blacksmiths Association (Victoria) Inc, to support their volunteer training workshops.
The licence allows you to host a single screening of Forged from Fire in your local community. Additional screenings are AUD $150 each, or contact Andrew to discuss any specific requirements. Everything is negotiable.
Additional costs may include:
- Postage and handling of DVDs, USB sticks and an introductory Screening Facilitators Guide
- Filmmaker’s Speakers Fee – $345 (+ GST) & travel costs should the venue be in an Australian rural or regional location or interstate. Otherwise contact Andrew to discuss options. Everything is negotiable.
Material available for download includes:
- Poster artwork
- Screening Facilitators Guide
- Media Kit
- Artwork for use on websites and other media
Complete the booking form below and we’ll send you an invoice, a copy of the Screening Licence and any other information you require from us.