Host a Screening
Host a screening in your community, your school or local cinema.
Host a screening of Forged from Fire
Forged from Fire is a unique and important film documenting the transformation that took place among a small team of artisans in the wake of the Black Saturday fires.
Our Screening Kit is a licence that allows individuals, community groups, institutions, businesses, health practitioners and not-for-profits to host their own screenings in Australia, in any venue of their choice. When you purchase a Forged from Fire screening licence you receive (download or via post):
- A screening copy of Forged from Fire
- A Forged from Fire screening licence (charged according to number of anticipated attendees)
- A trauma informed screening guide
- Links to additional resources to suit your screening
Local screenings – what you might need
If you’re not a cinema and you’re wanting to host a screening here’s what you’ll need:
- A suitable venue with seating and amenities
- A screen
- A relatively decent video projector
- A decent sound system or PA
- A copy of our film (delivered on USB stick or downloaded)
- A laptop or other means to play our film on
- A comments book… we love feedback!
We also recommend providing a community health worker who can support anyone wishing to share their own response to trauma. Consider hosting a facilitated Q&A or audience feedback session afterwards.
We will provide a package of resources to support communities to host screenings that are trauma-informed and sensitive to the possible exposure of audience members to the Black Saturday fires. This package will have been developed by the Swinburne University of Technology.
A Forged from Fire screening licence includes a trauma-informed screening guide to support communities to host screenings that are sensitive to the possible exposure of audience members to the Black Saturday fires. Every Forged from Fire screening licence is a contribution made to cover our remaining production, marketing and distribution costs. The licence allows you to host a single screening of Forged from Fire in your local community. Licences are inclusive of GST and are costed for small or large screenings. If you would like to host more than one screening contact us to discuss how we can help make this happen.
- Up to 75 people – $250 AUD (inc. GST)
- More than 75 people – $350 AUD (inc. GST)
Additional costs may include:
- Postage and handling of DVDs, USB sticks and an introductory Screening Facilitators Guide
- Filmmaker’s Speakers Fee – $345 (inc. GST) + travel costs should the venue be in a rural or regional location or interstate.
Material available for download will include:
- Poster artwork
- Screening Facilitators Guide
- Media Kit
- Artwork for use on websites and other media
Complete the booking form below and we’ll send you an invoice and any other information you require from us.